Project: A chance for life – Renovation of the local blood transfusion centres
Partner: The REACT Association
Beneficiaries: blood donors and healthcare personnel of transfusion centres
Year of launch: 2014
Budget: RON 2,592,000
The renovation and modernization of the Romanian blood transfusion centres in order to insure a safe and donation friendly environment.
Transfusion centres are an important element of the transfusion system. Turning them into modern facilities, fitted with equipment in line with European standards, which provide donors both with conditions conducive to the performance of medical care and with a welcoming and warm space motivating them to become recurrent donors, is a priority for us.
The renovation and endowment of the blood transfusion centres throughout Romania.
2014 renovation and endowment of the Bucharest Donation Centre, the largest of its kind in the country.
2015 extension of the program to additional 7 blood transfusion centres from Buzău, Cluj-Napoca, Giurgiu, Iași, Slatina, Suceava and Târgu Jiu.
2016 renovation and endowment of 10 blood transfusion centres from Alba Iulia, Arad, Brașov, Călărași, Constanța, Tîrgu Mureș, Sfântul Gheorghe, Slobozia, Bistrița and Drobeta-Turnu Severin.
– 414.140 patients benefitted from the blood donated in the renovated centres
– 200.000 people (54% from the total blood donors in Romania) are donating in the renovated centres
– 28.247 sq. were renovated
– 44 new tables for the waiting areas were provided
– 235 new chairs for the waiting areas were provided
– 72 new blood donation chairs were bought